At low dose levels, ketamine infusion therapy has been proven to redevelop the neural pathways in your brain that have been damaged by depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and chronic pain.
Ketamine is an effective treatment for treatment-resistant depression, PTSD, post-partum depression, anxiety and other health conditions. In fact, the well-respected Cleveland Clinic named “Ketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression” as one of the Top 10 Medical Innovations in 2018.
The Infusion Process
6 INFUSIONS WITHIN 3 WEEKS • 60 MINUTES EACH SESSION
- Intake Assessment — you will meet with one of our medical providers to discuss your treatment plan, medical history, and payment options
- Schedule Your 6 Infusions — you will receive 2 treatments per week over 3 weeks. Plan on being at our clinic for 2 hours for each treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Our office staff will seat you in one of our infusion chairs
- A provider will start an IV catheter
- We will monitor your heart rate, oxygen level, and blood pressure
- You’ll receive a low-dose ketamine infusion over 60 minutes
- We will have you stay seated for about 30-60 minutes of recovery time after your infusion
After Infusion — we will verify you’re mentally alert, vital signs are stable, and that you’re safe to be discharged home.
- Individual Ketamine treatments are $350 per infusion.
- You may now also purchase 6 Ketamine infusions for $1,950 ($325 per infusion).
Day of Treatment Preparations
- Make sure you have a trusted family member of friend to drive you home
- Please do not eat food 6 hours before your treatment
- Clear liquids are allowed 2 hours before your treatment
- Please take your regularly scheduled medications
At all times a clinician will be present or nearby to monitor your treatment and provide reassurance.
The dosing you will receive is lower than an anesthetic dose, so you won’t sleep, but you may enter a dream-like state. Some patients report sensations like floating, heaviness, dreaming, and visual colors or heightened senses.
After your infusion is completed, the doctor will remove the IV and give you time to become fully present.
Most effects of the medicine wear off within minutes of finishing the infusion. However, you’ll likely feel more tired than usual for a few hours after the treatment.
Please ensure your ride home is at our clinic by the time you finish. Please do not drive or operate machinery for 12 hours following your treatment, and plan to rest for the day. You may eat again immediately after the treatment.
Most patients feel an improvement within days and even hours of treatment. Some feel well for up to 1 month, others can experience relief for up to 2-3 months. Single booster infusions can be scheduled to achieve symptom relief.
If you can’t make it to one of our sessions for whatever reason, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance. Also, if your session falls on a Monday, please notify us at least 3 days before the scheduled date. Since our session runs two hours, timely notification is essential to our practice. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Looking to get started? Give us a call at (240) 865-3135. You can also email at email@example.com for inquiries related to our process and fees.