Ketamine infusion therapy has been shown to help redevelop neural pathways in the brain that have been damaged by depression, anxiety, PTSD, and chronic pain when used at low doses.
Treatment-resistant depression, PTSD, postpartum depression, anxiety, and other health conditions can all benefit from ketamine. In fact, “Ketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression” was named one of the Top 10 Medical Innovations in 2018 by the prestigious Cleveland Clinic.
The Infusion Process
6 INFUSIONS WITHIN 3 WEEKS • 60 MINUTES EACH SESSION
You will meet with one of our medical providers for an intake assessment to discuss your treatment plan, medical history, and payment options.
Schedule your 6 infusions — over the course of three weeks, you will receive two treatments per week. Expect to spend 2 hours at our clinic for each treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Our office staff will seat you in one of our infusion chairs.
- A provider will start an IV catheter.
- We will monitor your heart rate, oxygen level, and blood pressure.
- You’ll receive a low-dose ketamine infusion over 60 minutes.
- We keep you seated for about 30-60 minutes of recovery time after your Infusion.
After Infusion — we’ll make sure you’re mentally alert, your vital signs are stable, and you’re ready to go home.
Individual Ketamine treatments are $350 per infusion.
You may now also purchase 6 Ketamine infusions for $1,950 ($325 per infusion).
Day of Treatment Preparations
- Make sure you have a friend or a family member to drive you home, either a family member or a friend.
- Please don’t eat anything for 6 hours before your appointment.
- 2 hours before your treatment, you may drink clear liquids.
- Please take your medications on a regular basis.
- A clinician will be present or close by at all times to monitor your treatment and provide reassurance.
- You will not sleep because the dose is lower than an anesthetic dose, but you may experience a dream-like state. Floating, heaviness, dreaming, and visual colors or heightened senses are all reported by some patients.
- The doctor will remove the IV after your infusion is finished and give you time to become fully present.
- The majority of the medicine’s effects wear off within minutes of the infusion ending. For a few hours after the treatment, you’ll probably feel more tired than usual.
- Please arrive at our clinic with your ride home by the time you finish. After your treatment, do not drive or operate machinery for 12 hours, and plan to rest for the rest of the day. After the treatment, you can eat again right away.
- Most patients notice a difference within days, if not hours, of starting treatment. Some people feel better for up to a month, while others can feel better for up to 2-3 months. To achieve symptom relief, single booster infusions can be scheduled.
- If you can’t attend our session for any reason, please let us know at least 48 hours ahead of time. Also, if your session falls on a Monday, please let us know at least three days ahead of time. Because our session lasts two hours, we need to be notified as soon as possible. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Looking to get started? Give us a call at (240) 865-3135. You can also email at email@example.com for inquiries related to our process and fees.